-
September 3rd, 2018, 05:04 AM
#3
Hostboard Member
Re: Altec 755E: too many questions
Greetings GM !
Thank you :-)
I do not have a 300B SET, but I have a LM3875 Gainclone kit, ( I?m sure I?ve read somewhere way back that it is similar in sound to 300B SET amps--) ; my best bet; will try to find a well matched tube pre for it, since I?ve just recently read more about the subject; that the Gainclones do share many characteristics with tube amps, but cannot replace them.
The Decca Super Tweeter: efficiency is rated to 88dB at 4W at 1meter. How do i calculate how much this equals at 1W at 1meter, something is off--I do not manage to wrap my head around it.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28261621 times.
Bookmarks